Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 February 2019

INTERVIEW: One-On-One With DJ ROCKER


If you’ve  been in Agbara for a while, and a constant Party Rocker; the name Dj ROCKER must ring a bell!
Trumpet PR team had the priviledge of having a one on one no hold barred interview with one of Agbara most famous DJ.
Excerpts below:

TPR: Who is DJ ROCKER
DJ ROCKER:  My birth name is Riliwan 

Musabau Abiodun; I'm from OYO State.


TPR: How did you get into DJeeing
DJ ROCKER:  I’ve always loved music, so at every opportunity I got, I listened to it.  Then I had a brother who had a laptop that wasn’t too good. I asked him to give me, he said I should buy it.
TPR: How Much?
DJ ROCKER:  Thirty Five thousand Naira (35k); however, I told him I was going to pay it twice. He said I should sign agreement that I was going to pay back in  a month time (laughs); I signed; gave him 20k then took the laptop, gave him the balance before the month was over.

TPR: What year was this?
DJ ROCKER:  This was around 2011.

TPR: So, that’s when you officially started?
DJ ROCKER:  Yes!

TPR: When you began, was it only DJeeing that was sustaining you?
DJ ROCKER:  No ooo! I use to do Art & Signs! In the beginning, I used that to support my Dj hustle; so, when there was no grove or event, I’d be doing Arts & Sign for people around my neighborhood.  

TPR: Where is that?
DJ ROCKER:  Ago Eto.

TPR: How much did you collect for your first job?
DJ ROCKER:  Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only (#3,500). It was a birthday.

TPR: At what point would you say you “Blow”?
DJ ROCKER:  I never BLOW ooo! I still dey hustle (Laughs), well, things began to get better when I started doing Mixtapes… Rocker Alaba Mixtapes.

TPR: What is that?
DJ ROCKER:  Well, I do Mix of Popular songs, Burn in a CD, then sell to Marketers in Alaaba, they produce large volume of copies and sell. 

TPR: Chaiii! That’s Big Money o!
DJ ROCKER:  Not really, they make the Money, I get the Popularity, then the Popularity increase my Value; The Higher my Value, the better my charges.

TPR: Who is DJ ROCKER
DJ ROCKER:  My birth name is Riliwan Musabau Abiodun; im from OYO State.

TPR: How much do you charge averagely for an Event?
DJ ROCKER:  Well it depends on the Event, Period and Destination; but basically starting from 25k!

TPR: For ONE Event?
DJ ROCKER:  Yes o! There are events I charge between 80, 100 & 120k.

TPR: If I want to become a DJ? What do I need to know?
DJ ROCKER:  For me, the first thing is Passion; you must have Passion for what you are doing! If you don’t have passion, you won’t last in the game. Another thing is Discipline.

TPR: What do you mean by Discipline?
DJ ROCKER:  There is so much distractions in this game. If you are not focused on what you want, you will just forget your hustle and begin to engage in unnecessary things. Smoking, Driniking, Womanizing and all sort. The List is endless.

TPR: Wait o! So you don’t do any of these?
DJ ROCKER:  NO! I don’t Drink, I don’t Smoke. (Forget my lips o! I have a naturally Black Lips).

TPR: I thought you need to drink to mix better?
DJ ROCKER:  Drinking will actually confuse someone; you will begin to mix nonsense.  

 TPR: After Passion & Discipline What other thing?
DJ ROCKER:  Practice, Practice, Practice… Keep Practicing, that’s what I tell my apprentices all the time.
TPR: You have Apprentices?
DJ ROCKER:  Yes; 5 of them are learning from me at the moment.

TPR: What does it cost to learn under DJ ROCKER?
DJ ROCKER:  Nothing too much; Just a little token (Smiles).

TPR: What is DJ ROCKER cooking at the moment?
DJ ROCKER:  Well, Im building on my record label; ROCKER RECORDS;  I just signed my first artists; JAY SLEEK (Rapper); hoping to get more talented artists soon.

TPR: Wow, that’s pretty nice! Anything else?
DJ ROCKER:  Well, ROCKER CONCERT is the inn thing at the moment!

TPR: What is that?
DJ ROCKER:  Rocker Concert is a FREE Concert for lovers of usic, fun and enetertainment to have a nice time listening to the “bestest” talents in and around Agbara. It happens on the 14th of February 2019 and this edition will be its 4th Edition since incepton.

TPR: Mehnnn… That’s Awesome!
DJ ROCKER:  Yes o! It’s been God all the way. Also, Status Arena has been a good host through the years, that’s why we always stick with them for the Concert. 

TPR: What time is the show Starting?
DJ ROCKER:  It begins by 12noon on the 14th, then runs till 11:59pm.


TPR: Hope Trumpet PR Crew will get VIP Treatment?
DJ ROCKER:  Ahhhh! Boss, you naaa sure guy naaa! Exclusive VIP Pass (Laughs)
TPR: Thank you so much for your time.
DJ ROCKER:  It’s been my pleasure.




Indeed, it was quite an enlightening Interview with the One & Only DJ Rocker! Trust TPR to give you full gist about the ROCKER CONCERT!.

Connect with DJ Rocker

Facebook: Djrocker Alaba mix









2 comments:

  1. Enter your comment...TO ME DJ ROCKER IS THE BEST DISC JOCKEY HAVE EVER KNOWN,HE IS D BEST AND D GREATEST OF ALL TIME....MORE HEALTH AND WEALTH FOR U 2 ACCOMPLISH UR MISSION, KING OF ALABA

    ReplyDelete

Happy you read this... What are your thoughts?

TRUMPET PR

TRUMPET PR
We are the Kings of Branding & Advertising

About Me

Airhunuoje Michael is a young Entrepreneur from Otuo, Owan East Edo State. A Graduate of Political Science & Public Administration from the University of Benin; he is also an Alumni of Daystar Leadership Academy, led by Pst. Sam Adeyemi. In 2008, he was a part of a team of young Nigerians that designed and submitted a Reality Show Program on ReBranding Nigeria to the then Minister Of Information Late. Dr. Dora Akunyilli . His experience working with Bunmi Davies as the Brand Manager at Afrotainment Production; Producers of Nigeria’s No1 Family Comedy Show “Stand Up Nigeria”, completely sets him apart as an ace in the field of Branding and Publicity.