Search This Blog

Saturday 8 November 2014

#Series The PRIEST ON FIRE


Continued from last week…

As fate would have it, few weeks after the competition, her father was transferred to our parish as an Assistant Pastor. Having her closer to me was a dream come true. Every Sunday, I made sure I devised a plan to get “in- touch” with her; directly, indirectly, mechanically or spiritually. Seeing that I wasn’t someone to give up easily, she gradually began to interact with me. The more I interacted with her, the more I discovered that she wasn’t as confident and proud as she looks. And then she began to see me not just as a wayward chap, but a fun loving down to earth guy. As was our custom, the first person to get to the church, reserves a seat for the other. So on this Sunday, I kept my Big Amplified Bible on the chair next to me, while I placed my notepad by my side. Quickly I took my Phone I sent her a message on ‘2go’: “Where are you dear? Am sitting at the right hand side by the 3rd roll” She replied “I will soon be in church”. Getting a reply from her was comforting, but I was still a bit worried. Keeping a seat in the teenage church wasn’t much of a problem, but doing that in the Big Church is a herculean tasks, especially on THANKSGIVING SUNDAYS.  

Before I could say Jack Robinson, an usher came up to me and asked me to move forward. They had just finished Sunday school review and the service proper was about to start. I acted as though I didn’t know I was the one the usher was talking to, Mr. Okpara, the head usher has this very attitude, sometimes I feel that I am the only reason he chose to be an usher in the church. He moved closer and tapped me “Please move to the front” he said in a polite but stern voice. Usually, I have a challenge with being told what to do by someone else, especially when it’s not something I want to do; however, I knew if I argued further, it won’t be long before daddy’s eyes would turn to my direction. And trust me, that won’t be fun at all. Reluctantly I stood up and thought of moving my Bible, but the seat I had to move to didn’t have any free seat by the side. I moved there, and just as I moved, I noticed people entering the church. Lo and behold, Clara came in with her grandmother. As I was sitting on my new forced seat, Clara majestically walked to her reserved seat. By the look on my face, she could easily tell what had transpired minutes before she stepped in. I sat down turn back and asked frustratingly “Why didn’t you come in earlier naaa”? She smiled and said “Relax, am just a breath away”. The words sent assurance down my spine, but deep down somewhere in me, I felt this Sunday service wasn’t going to be the usual THANKSGIVING SUNDAY service.
                                                                                            to be continued next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy you read this... What are your thoughts?

TRUMPET PR

TRUMPET PR
We are the Kings of Branding & Advertising

About Me

Airhunuoje Michael is a young Entrepreneur from Otuo, Owan East Edo State. A Graduate of Political Science & Public Administration from the University of Benin; he is also an Alumni of Daystar Leadership Academy, led by Pst. Sam Adeyemi. In 2008, he was a part of a team of young Nigerians that designed and submitted a Reality Show Program on ReBranding Nigeria to the then Minister Of Information Late. Dr. Dora Akunyilli . His experience working with Bunmi Davies as the Brand Manager at Afrotainment Production; Producers of Nigeria’s No1 Family Comedy Show “Stand Up Nigeria”, completely sets him apart as an ace in the field of Branding and Publicity.