Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 August 2017

#Stories Tales of a Luverboy. Prt4 (+18)

....Throughout Service the next day, all I could think about was CYNTHIA. The girl that led Praise and Worship looked; like Cynthia, the usher that led me to my seat looked like Cynthia; even the Pastor’s wife that took the sermon that day, looked like Cynthia. Honestly, I didn’t know if this was Love or Infatuation. In fact, I was confused. I got to my house after series of Singles
meeting (an EXCO btw) and quickly decided to arrange my stuffs. Tunde and Edwin had already said they were coming to watch the Match (Chelsea vs  Man U) in my place, so I had to fix things up sharply.

Call her now… Don’t call her now! Text her, Don’t text her! My Mind, body and Soul was just having a big debate inside my head. After yesterday’s silent treatment, I had to be extra careful. I hate been looked as being Desperate, and more importantly, I hate been insulted.
At about 2pm I was done cleaning the house. Mopped the Kitchen, Washed the bathroom and Toilet and put in a new bedspread. My Parents stay around relocated to badagry, but I remained in our Family house in Ajao Estate. Since its closer to my work place, I decide to stay there till we find a buyer for the house. As a gentleman, I just occupied a room there and do monthly clean up of the entire building.

Going to the Kitchen, the Rice was almost ready, just for the water to dry off, and I am good to go. I looked in my fridge; picked a bottle of Red wine I had taken from Obinna’s wedding and began to sip. After about two glasses, I picked upImage result for fine black model my phone, gently went through the phone book and dialed a number.   
…………………………………………………………….......................................................................
I was just dozing anyhow!!! As in erh! In a long while, I have not slept during a School Church Fellowship, but this service was just something else. Usually, when I have to go for night class on Saturday, I Stop reading by 2am, then get to the hostel by 5:30am and get ready for church by 8:30am. However, because of the quarrel with Sandra, I chose a different reading spot and read alone. The more I read, the more I couldn’t comprehend anything. Everything about Peter was replaying in my head. How I was Curious about him, how I was anxious to get a call from him, his response to my message… everything! Was I too hard on him? Was I being Impatient? Could I just be Prejudicial? A remorseful feeling began to grow within me. I shouldn’t have quarreled with Sandra and most importantly, I should have replied His message. Before I knew whats up, it was 4:30am. I quickly found Sandra, we packed our stuffs, coupled with some other friends we bagan to walk back to our hostel.

After the Grace, I was excited about going back to the Hostel to Sleep, when our Choir Director asked us to wait for an emergency meeting. I tried to escape through the Ministers exit point when Bro Nathaniel just quickly came up to me. “Bless you Sister, you are looking good today” he said, smiling sheepishly. Shey if I ignore this one, continue my waka, them go say Sis Cynthia is a Snob abi? I said this to myself, and let out a very fake smile… thank you bro Nath. That was how he dragged me to the meeting o! Its not like I don’t like attending meetings o, but the one of this our church choir is just so annoying. Girls will come to choir to show themselves, and their new skirts, shoes and bags. It was so annoying! Especially because most of the things they flaunt are fake items from Yaba. We that we get stuffs from Konga, Jumia and sometimes Alibaba.com don’t blow our trumpet.

Sandra had already left since to cook, so, by 1:30pm, when I got home, Lunch was served already. I took of my clothes, took a shower and settled down to eat.

While eating, I switched my phone on and then a call came in… Sandra errrhhhh!!! Your Boyfriend is calling o! Wetin make I talk. Jumping like she just won lottery, Sandra came to my side and said… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy you read this... What are your thoughts?

TRUMPET PR

TRUMPET PR
We are the Kings of Branding & Advertising

About Me

Airhunuoje Michael is a young Entrepreneur from Otuo, Owan East Edo State. A Graduate of Political Science & Public Administration from the University of Benin; he is also an Alumni of Daystar Leadership Academy, led by Pst. Sam Adeyemi. In 2008, he was a part of a team of young Nigerians that designed and submitted a Reality Show Program on ReBranding Nigeria to the then Minister Of Information Late. Dr. Dora Akunyilli . His experience working with Bunmi Davies as the Brand Manager at Afrotainment Production; Producers of Nigeria’s No1 Family Comedy Show “Stand Up Nigeria”, completely sets him apart as an ace in the field of Branding and Publicity.